
Senator Leiberman (right) once told me that his senior senator from Connecticut, Christopher Dodd (left), to whom he deferred, advises not to wear hats in photo opportunities. They always make you look silly. I was trying to get both of them to wear a Connecticut college's team t-shirt and baseball hat for an ESPN photo opportunity geared to the media in the company's home state. I figured the hats would be a shoe in; but no, they preferred to pull the t-shirts over their ties and button-down shirts. A photographer with Hill credentials and I talked around the bowels of the capitol and the press room until we found Dodd's "hide away" office near the Senate chambers. Check out the photo, which ran in the Hartford Currant four or more years ago. You can find anything on the web!!
But the New York Times made the best point about the foolishness of going after Obama's Africa garb: "When in Rome..."
No comments:
Post a Comment