Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Yes, We Can! History was made last night!

I'm so happy and tired. I spent all day yesterday in Richmond, going door to door in the rain, getting out the vote. Here are photos of some of the team I went with.
We Marylanders had a lot to do with the victory in Viriginia -- how sweet it was last night at the Montgomery County rally to hear that Virginia joined the future and went Democratic!!! We were all elated and then the announcement that Obama had really, really been elected president of these United States. It was beyond belief. And, me, being me, am worried, of course. Obama has to live up to our expectations and we have to help him and our country. The most important thing is that the infrastructure that Obama built for his election needs to hold and work for the nation just as hard as it did for the presidency. He, and we, have inherited crises created by the republicans (the republicans, not just George Bush). There is a lot of work ahead of us.

No comments: