Saturday night out. First, the girls went to see "Brideshead Revisited" revisited. I prefered the 1980s TV series. If for no other reason than to see Anthony Andrews as Lord Sebastian Flyte. He was absolutely marvelous, delicious. You understood why Charles Rider fell in love with him. Evelyn Waugh's story is about wrestlying with religion as the old British empire comes to an end. The TV series also had an element of the cult of personality; and how far charm can carry someone; and how it can entice. The movie realy wasn't as complicated.
Dinner: Bethesda is full of very good restaurants. We took advantage of the Restaurant Week to try Visions. My crowd doesn't make for good reviewers. We all ordered the same thing, so there was no sampling opportnity: Cuban Style Salmon with rice and black beans and plantains. The fish was wonderfully cooked. But I'm not sure what made it "Cuban". The rice and beans were dull; the plantains basic. The chef is really nice and friendly. But I don't see a need to go back. There are so many other choices here.
2 comments:
So glad to hear you came by, we stay connected, so great to hear any feedback...maybe the Cumin and spices weren't pronounced enough? and who likes "dull" beans? I would hasten to say, you'll love our other seafood dishes...seared jumbo scallops, whole striped bass with herbs...anyhoo..thanks for coming, but I hope to meet you in our place again, we really encourage repeat business...and since everyone had the same, maybe some room for sampling??
Take care...
Chef Tony, thanks for your comments. We'll drop by again. We like to support our local restaurants.
Post a Comment